how to fetch only custom dimension

Not applicable

Hi,

In Analytics -> custom report ->Dimension, we see common , custom and Advanced dimension . When I execute the API call …./v1/o/{orgname}/environments/{envname}/analytics/admin/schema?type=fact , it gives me list of all dimension .

Is there a API using which I can only see custom dimension ? Similarly API calls to see Common dimension only and only Advanced dimension ?

Thanks,

Suma

Solved Solved
2 8 519
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dear @Sumacv,

As already suggested above, the API ...v1/organizations/<org>/environments/<env>/analytics/admin/schemav2?type=fact can be used to check if the dimension is "custom" or not. It is a public API and you can use it.

However, as of now there is no API to determine if a dimension is Advanced or not. You will have to figure that from the UI.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

yeah, i think there should be a way because when Management UI displays Common & Custom dimensions separately in the drop down. I will update if I find something

Hi @Sumacv,

I looked into Management UI network trace. It is using a slightly different API to obtain the dimersion information-

https://enterprise.apigee.com/ws/proxy/organizations/<org>/environments/<env>/analytics/admin/schemav2?type=fact

This will provide a response with an additional flag called - custom.

Ex:

{
"name": "x_forwarded_for_ip",
"properties":
{ "type": "text", "custom": "false" }
},
{
"name": "zip",
"properties":
{ "type": "text", "custom": "true" }
}

Here is your option - use this API and traverse the response & extract all the dimensions with"custom": "true".

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for the details . Is this a public API as this is not available in documents. Will this API change in coming releases or it will be same API used to fetch dimensions ?

Thanks,

Suma

I am not sure. Probably @Anil Sagar or @sriki77 can answer that.

Hi @Sumacv, Please do mark the answer as 'Accepted' if you found it helpful.

Dear @Sumacv,

As already suggested above, the API ...v1/organizations/<org>/environments/<env>/analytics/admin/schemav2?type=fact can be used to check if the dimension is "custom" or not. It is a public API and you can use it.

However, as of now there is no API to determine if a dimension is Advanced or not. You will have to figure that from the UI.

@Floyd Jones,

Can you please update the above mentioned Analytics API into the Apigee docs ?

Thanks,

Amar

I've got it on my todo list. Thanks.