can we integrate SFDC marketing channel with push notification services?,Can we integrate APN or GCM services with SFDC marketing channel for push notification

Not applicable

As per my understanding we have to services for push notification, Apple's APN and Google's GCM. I need to integrate these services with SFDC marketing channel. Is it possible to do that? What is the best possible way to do that?

Push notification services to be integrated with SFDC marketing channel

0 4 86
4 REPLIES 4

Can you clarify what you are trying to do?

SFDC marketing channel, itself has push notification service. Can we use that service, by integrating it with apigee?

Hello @deeksha chauhan,

If SFDC exposes an IP Address, Port and accepts the incoming request from Apigee, then yes, this can be done.

You need to create an API proxy on Apigee Edge and hit the SDFC IP and Port from it. You need to update your client to consume the service provided by this API proxy.

When you do so, the SDFC would trigger to GCM/APNS when it receives trigger from Apigee Edge's Proxy. I am assuming here that the flow would be like this:

Client-->Apigee--->SDFC.

Does this help or I am not aligning to your thought ?

Apigee BaaS provides a simple RESTful API to send push notifications through APNS and GCM.

http://docs.apigee.com/api-baas/content/introducing-push-notifications

You need a mobile app on Android and iOS to send push notifications. BaaS is also a No-SQL store that tracks users, devices and notifications. So BaaS can help support any custom usecases you may have in managing the users and notifications you send to them.

Can you add more details of the mobile apps you are planning to target. Any more detail on your usecase will help.