apigee ui to build proxy bundle polling interval to fetch to runtime

Hi Experts,

Bit is confused with the hybrid ou proxies one. Well, when we build api proxies/sharedFlows in apigeeUI(managed plane) it synchronizes back that API proxies to the runtime plane, but how often does this polling occur to fetch these api proxies , pls advice? 

Thanks

0 6 188
6 REPLIES 6

Synchronizer polls every minute to the control plane and Runtime pods polls every 5 seconds to Synchronizer for proxy and SF bundles.

You can check the container logs for these actions in the Synchronizer and Runtime pods.

Thanks.

Runtime polls for SF and proxy and pushes that to Cassandra for the persistence of proxies? I mean which component pushes this SF and proxies to Cassandra?

One more thing can I set up hybrid runtime on my Laptop (ubantu22.04 contain minikube Kubernetes single node cluster) and hybrid control plane(proxyUI) will set up on GCP. Is this combination works? Because the cloud is getting expensive. Pls advice this for my practise.

Synchronizer polls control plane (every 60 secs) and it is responsible for storing the bundles to Cassandra. The Synchronizer has local copies as well. The Runtime will poll synchronizer periodically (every 5 secs) to fetch the bundle to load in its process.  The reason Synchronizer stores in cassandra is to reduce the round trip to get the bundles from GCP control plane for other Synchronizers in a multi-region setup, as cassandra will take care of the cross region replication.

Yes, for PoCs you can set up locally. But for better test coverage make sure the node and pods are meeting the minimum resource request values.

Pls could you kindly provide the documentation link specifically to setup hybrid runtime on Ubuntu(virtual machine workstation? 

Hi Experts,

could you pls kindly provide the documentation link specifically to set up hybrid runtime on Ubuntu(virtual machine workstation)? 

You should close this thread and open a new thread for new topics/questions. And accept the answers if it meets your expectation. 

For your last question: Hybrid requires Kubernetes platform upon which the installation can be performed. 

Thanks.