Will Single instance APIGEE X be able to recover KVM/APP Keys etc in case of DR?

Hi Experts,

I am trying to figure out if I need to look at APIGEEX instances in same manner as I look at other self managed instances, where I usually keep data replicated in different regions running to handle DR kind of scenario. How it works for APIGEEX single instance?

If I have single APIGEE X instance, is there any way I can recover data relevant to org (like KVMs or even app keys, developers etc.) at time of DR? Will I be able to spin new APIGEEX and push that data to the new instance?

So, in other words, will this data be replicated to any other region if I have only single instance? 

Thanks & Regards

Amit

Solved Solved
1 3 69
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It would depend on the type of disaster.. you could also have permanent data loss etc

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

When you add additional regions/instances, it is dependent on communication with the existing instance to propagate the data eg KVM from your existing instance/s.

If you're trying to spin up an instance only while an instance/region is unavailable*, if the above cannot be done, that new region wont have data until the existing instance becomes available again for the propagation to occur and complete. 

* maybe there's some scenarios where propagation could still work however, depending on the type and cause of the outage. eg if there's a load balancing issue in a region where consumers cannot reach the load balancer and hence your APIs, but everything else is fine..

Thanks!!

So, as per the reply, (I might have misunderstood), the data actually remains persisted even at disaster.

So if there is single instance and if we do not create any new instance, will old instance be auto created with the data it had earlier (before Disaster) post Region returns to good health?

It would depend on the type of disaster.. you could also have permanent data loss etc