What happens when I regenerate API documentation?

Not applicable

Using this example:

http://docs.apigee.com/developer-services/content/using-smartdocs-document-apis

1) Can I customize "View API affirmation"?

2) If I can customize it, can I add additional content such as images, text, tables, etc.

3) If yes, what happens to that content when I regenerate the API doc?

4) Can I regenerate 1 api? or I can only regenerate all apis?

Solved Solved
0 2 65
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@mike yang ,

Please find answers below,

• Yes, You can, You need to Edit Smartdocs template. See the settings page of smartdocs model to edit the template.

2) If I can customize it, can I add additional content such as images, text, tables, etc.

• You need to leverage Drupal Views & Blocks along with SmartDocs content type fields to add this information.
  • Yes, It's possible
  • Need little bit of Drupal Expertise.

• Content is managed in Drupal CMS. When you regenerate docs, It won't be affected. It will create a new revision. Your content managed in CMS statys as it is. If you would like to , You can edit / update same.

• You can do that, You can re-generate single API.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@mike yang ,

Please find answers below,

• Yes, You can, You need to Edit Smartdocs template. See the settings page of smartdocs model to edit the template.

• You need to leverage Drupal Views & Blocks along with SmartDocs content type fields to add this information.
  • Yes, It's possible
  • Need little bit of Drupal Expertise.

• Content is managed in Drupal CMS. When you regenerate docs, It won't be affected. It will create a new revision. Your content managed in CMS statys as it is. If you would like to , You can edit / update same.

• You can do that, You can re-generate single API.

@Anil Sagar

On Point #3, it creates a new revision/skeleton with the most up to date API info, but all the other content that was created manually around it only exists in the current revision. That content will need to be copy and pasted in the newest revision. Correct?