VerifyApikey policy consume subscribed transaction count with Apigee?

I put VerifyApikey policy, in first in my proxy, to enable authorized and configured users to contact beckend services.

If developers abuse to call apigee with erroneous developer application/apikey, is subscribed transaction count with Apigee consumed?

Solved Solved
0 1 61
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @federico.bitonti, let me re-phrase your question as per my understanding, correct me if I am wrong,

You have an API Proxy with API Key as first policy in preflow to enable authorized users contact backend. 

If Developers calls using wrong/invalid API Key, you want to know if the call is counted in Apigee Subscribed Transaction Counts (For example in Apigee Team Bundle it allows 15 million API calls per month)

Yes, these calls are counted.

Because the call is reaching Apigee flow & is executing a policy so the call will be counted.

We can avoid this by carefully watching the Analytics or use Apigee Sense to block/improve such Application Developer calls.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @federico.bitonti, let me re-phrase your question as per my understanding, correct me if I am wrong,

You have an API Proxy with API Key as first policy in preflow to enable authorized users contact backend. 

If Developers calls using wrong/invalid API Key, you want to know if the call is counted in Apigee Subscribed Transaction Counts (For example in Apigee Team Bundle it allows 15 million API calls per month)

Yes, these calls are counted.

Because the call is reaching Apigee flow & is executing a policy so the call will be counted.

We can avoid this by carefully watching the Analytics or use Apigee Sense to block/improve such Application Developer calls.