VerifyAPIKey - app is eligible for more than one product with given path

Hi All,

I have a theoretical question because I did not find the answer in the documentation, nor in the forum. 

GIVEN

I have

• a developer and a developerApp (DeveloperApp)
  • a product (Product-A) with custom attribute "customAttr1 = "I am product A"
  • another product (Product-B) with custom attribute "customAttr1 = "I am product B"
  • a proxy (Proxy) with step VerifyAPIKey, validating the request by client_id (ie. the consumer developerApp)
  • next step of the Proxy is accessing product-level custom attribute (customAttr1)
    either with AccessEntity or via direct reference

The Proxy is configured in both Product-A and Product-B with the same path (/v1) and method (eg. GET)

Both Product-A and Product-B is enabled to DeveloperApp.

WHEN

• DeveloperApp invokes Proxy (v1/ GET)
  • VerifyAPIKey is executed
  • accessing the customAttr1 of the product

THEN

• the retrieved value of customAttr1 is ???????I am product A orI am product B? ????????

Thank you for your help,

Br,

Marcello

1 2 128
2 REPLIES 2

There's an existing discussion on this type of question here.. With that said, why do you have overlapping products that you assign to the same app?

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Apigee/Using-multiple-product-with-one-APP-GetEntity-fetches...

Hi @dk ,

Thanks for the link! The topic is correct, however it doesn't answer my question.

"why do you have overlapping products" - my question is purely theoretical.

Let's put it in this way: I miss some explanation from the documentation, that would sound sg like this:
"In case of a proxy/path/verb is available for a DeveloperApp in more than one APIProduct, then VerifyApiKey policy validates the request with the ApiProduct that was first assigned to the given DeveloperApp."

Br,
M