Using apigee-config-maven plugin with multi-file configuration

mrios

I've been playing around with apigee-config-maven plugin and I could make work the APIandConfig idea setting the edge.json file in one of our services.

However, the EdgeConfig sample with multiple folders and files for configuration is the one that I'm more interested because it seems to scale better. I was trying to make it work but the plugin seems to take the configuration from the edge.json file instead of the resources/edge folders.

I see that resources are sent to Edge when I run

mvn clean install -Ptest ... -Dapigee.config.options=create
"resources": [
    "edge://env/api2-dev/caches.json",
    "edge://org/apiProducts.json",
    "edge://org/developerApps.json",
    "edge://org/developers.json",
  ]

As I would like that the configuration were taken by the multi-file setup my edge.json file looks like this

{
"version": "1.0",
"envConfig": {},
"orgConfig": {
"apiProducts": [],
"developers": [],
"developerApps": {}
}
}

why is it needed to add the edge.json file using the multi-file setup given that all the configurations are in resources/edge?

I read the documentation but the distinction is not clear to me.

am I missing something?

Tagging @Madhan Sadasivam since he seems to be the main developer of the plugin.

Solved Solved
0 4 447
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

config plugin looks for edge.json by default. To pick the multi-file option, you can specify the dir containing the files using the "apigee.config.dir" option.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

config plugin looks for edge.json by default. To pick the multi-file option, you can specify the dir containing the files using the "apigee.config.dir" option.

Setting the "apigee.config.dir" worked.

Thanks!

can someone please explain to me how to get all the data from my org/env into required maven structure? all proxies, prdoucts,etc .

and the config.json file.. and pom.xml files would be great 🙂

there is so many info in the web about those plugins, but none about how to get all that data. export objects one by one!!

Pls post this as a new question