Use of Multiple Proxy Endpoint

Not applicable

Hello Everyone,

There is an option to add different proxy endpoints in apigee same as different target endpoints. I just wanted to understand its use. Can someone help me in explaining the same??

0 5 2,432
5 REPLIES 5

@Vipul Agarwal ,

It's simple, You can have multiple proxy endpoints with different basepaths. Idea is within a single API Proxy you can define multiple proxy endpoints that can talk to single / multiple target endpoints.

I will think it as a design question, Why do you need multiple proxy endpoints when i can define a new proxy altogether? It's like if there is some common features between your API Proxies & you would like to reuse policies, target endpoints Apigee will allow same using concept of multiple proxy endpoints.

Let' say, I am working on songs service, I can add a proxy like

songs

/v1/songs - Proxy Endpoint

/v2/songs - Proxy Endpoint, this will have minimal changes and most of the functioanlity when it comes to target endpoint will be same.

Thank @Anil Sagar @ Google

When we've two proxy endpoints with same basepath & deploy- it doesn't give any error but deploys. I expected an error though.

But always only one of those endpoints(xmls) receives all requests in such case. Do you know why? I mean is it designed that way with some rationale?

Not applicable

I dont know how to add a target endpoint to a api proxi already defined, can you help me please?

In UI you can click on + add do it?

Yes @Anil Sagar @ Google is right.

An example from actual scenario is:

An API having multiple related resources that connect to same backend but one of those resources needs the response to be streamed(let's say it's downloading a file) on Target & Proxy endpoint.

We can't do it with the same proxy endpoint xml since enabling streaming on that would affect the functionality of other resources.

So you need to have two Proxy endpoints(& two Target endpoints):

1. For all resources except the below with streaming not enabled

2. For download file resource with streaming enabled on both Target & Proxy endpoint.