Updating the openapi spec

Hello All,

I have created a json file with {url}/swagger/v1/swagger.json.

Later I created a openspec with this json file. I created corresponding proxy, product , app and portal site. Now I have changes in the request and responses for the existing api's and I want to add/delete the existing api's (basically change in the swagger json file).

How can I update spec and proxy. Will this need a change in the product and app?

Thanks,

Venkat

1 3 1,202
3 REPLIES 3

You can update the spec in Apigee UI or import it again. If the change to the spec has changes to the contract of the API, you can regenerate the API Proxy in Apigee v2. You can keep v1 of the API Proxy for backward compatibility. See here for some best practices around API Proxy versioning. If there is no change to the contract of the API then maybe you don't need to update the API Proxy at all.

It's up to you if you also create a v2 of the API Product, or just add the API Proxy v2 to the existing API Product. If you create a new API Product then you can choose to add this to the app, or create a new app. If you have chosen to keep the existing API Product, then no changes are needed to the app.

Hello there, I have portal admin role for my org (8x8) and when I update one of the API spec from inside the Apigee it fails to do so. The ui says that's successfully saved but when I refresh the page I see the old content. 

Please advise, regards!

The relationship between the API Proxy and OAS is just for the verb-paths. If you add new endpoints to your OAS you can update in the UI.

I selected the + icon to the right of "default" Proxy Endpoints.

6513-screen-shot-2018-02-27-at-74911-am.png

In this case, my OAS added a POST /status endpoint since the proxy was originally created.

This only works for additions, it doesn't remove endpoints.