Updating JDK home in 4.16.01 OPDK installation on Private Cloud

Not applicable

I have an installation of Edge 4.16.01 on our private cloud. I want to update my Oracle JDK minor version from jdk1.7.0_XX to jdk1.7.0_YY.

• Is updating JAVA_HOME in /opt/apigee/etc/defaults.sh enough? Or more changes are required?

Also, if I need to update HEAP_SIZE, do I set in the above script only, or there is some other file where it can be set?

Solved Solved
0 2 308
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

Hi there!

Yes, you need to update JAVA_HOME in /opt/apigee/etc/defaults.sh and make sure to restart all the components after the change.

All memory related settings are set in 'setenv.sh' for each component. For edge-message-processor, you can see those values in /opt/apigee/edge-message-processor/bin/setenv.sh. To change these to new values, you can follow the below steps:

1. Create /opt/apigee/customer/application/message-processor.properties

2. Put bin_setenv_max_mem=1024m or whatever value suite your hardware size and save it

3. Restart the message-processor using apigee-service (apigee-service edge-message-processor restart)

4. To validate the new changes, check /opt/apigee/edge-message-processor/bin/setenv.sh. It should have new values.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Arachendra

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable

Hi there!

Yes, you need to update JAVA_HOME in /opt/apigee/etc/defaults.sh and make sure to restart all the components after the change.

All memory related settings are set in 'setenv.sh' for each component. For edge-message-processor, you can see those values in /opt/apigee/edge-message-processor/bin/setenv.sh. To change these to new values, you can follow the below steps:

1. Create /opt/apigee/customer/application/message-processor.properties

2. Put bin_setenv_max_mem=1024m or whatever value suite your hardware size and save it

3. Restart the message-processor using apigee-service (apigee-service edge-message-processor restart)

4. To validate the new changes, check /opt/apigee/edge-message-processor/bin/setenv.sh. It should have new values.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Arachendra

is this also working for 4.17 too?