Updated SmartDocs Display

I just updated to the most recent Apigee dev portal codebase. The main display of our SmartDocs page has changed considerably.

There was no ordering before, but it was organized by the string value in "tags" (property of a method object). So methods with the same tag were grouped together on the page. Now, however, it is a single list with no discernible order.

Also, that list is now automatically split to two pages. I definitely would rather have all methods visible at once.

Additionally, I believe there are some general defects:

1. The verb text/badge is missing (<p> in the <div class="verb-auth"> element)

2. The resource path is missing (<p data-role="resource_path"></p>)

Please let me know if there are some recommended steps I can follow to get the display back to something close to its previous state.

Before:

1413-smartdocs-before.png

After:

1414-smartdocs-after.png

Solved Solved
0 3 187
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I believe your issue is that the database updates need to be ran on your Dev site. If you log in as an admin, you can see updates need to be ran by going to Reports > Status report.

Can you run the updates by logging in as an admin and then doing either of these steps:

1. Go to <hostname>/update.php
  2. Hover on the home icon on the admin bar to the far left, then click "Run updates"

1415-screen-shot-2015-10-29-at-40656-pm.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@williamking , Is it possible to share screenshots of old vs new to better understand same ? If you can share the urls that will be great.

I believe your issue is that the database updates need to be ran on your Dev site. If you log in as an admin, you can see updates need to be ran by going to Reports > Status report.

Can you run the updates by logging in as an admin and then doing either of these steps:

1. Go to <hostname>/update.php
  2. Hover on the home icon on the admin bar to the far left, then click "Run updates"

1415-screen-shot-2015-10-29-at-40656-pm.png

You nailed it @Chris Novak. I was so used to the Pantheon process doing that automatically that I completely forgot about it after the manual merge. THANK YOU!