Two API Products include a common (shared) API Proxy. Which one is selected?

I have 2 products ("Product A" and "Product B") that have their own set of distinct proxies but has one proxy in common (say "Proxy 1")

"Proxy 1" uses the Product's custom attributes during runtime.

Both "Product A" and "Product B" have different values for the same set of custom attributes

Lets say for Product A, the attribute url = google.com and for Product B, url = yahoo.com

Now, I have a dev app (say "App-ABC") created that has both Products configured.

When the Proxy 1 call happens for this app, it always picks Product A's value (google.com), is there a way to get Product B's value (yahoo.com) or force the Proxy 1 to use Product B’s custom attributes ?

The other approach is to change the Proxy 1's implementation to take these values as params so that it uses the params passed or the custom attributes according to some conditions. But curious to know if there is a way for the above to work ?

~~Q:S:S~~

Solved Solved
0 1 493
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Anil,

I think the behavior in that circumstance is not defined .

If you want to always use Product B, then ... do not structure your API Products to have overlapping proxies.

Simply create a separate product which has the set of proxies that does not intersect with the proxies for Product B.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi Anil,

I think the behavior in that circumstance is not defined .

If you want to always use Product B, then ... do not structure your API Products to have overlapping proxies.

Simply create a separate product which has the set of proxies that does not intersect with the proxies for Product B.