The javascript policy deletes a space for me

Dear, good afternoon, could you help me with this case.

I am trying to replace %20 by spaces, the idea is that this code should be with two spaces to work correctly, javascript successfully replaces the two %20 by two spaces, but when I see what goes in the request, the code only goes with a space, I do not know if it is at the time of making the context.setVariable, but I deleted a space.

EdwinFerreira_0-1669049295687.png

request = context.getVariable("request.content");
print(request);
print('----------------------------------------------------------------------');
request = request.replace('%20%20', '  ');
print(request);
context.setVariable("request.content", request);

Solved Solved
0 1 64
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi

I understand what you wrote. And also, I would be very very surprised if Apigee is causing the unexpected observation you described. There is something else happening. 

I suggest that you break down your problem, simplify it, and re-check your observation.  Simplify the situation as much as possible. Don't use the large XML file, use a simple one, with just one element.  Don't use the final target, use a simple echo server.  When I do this, My observation is that the string replacement works as expected. 

without string replacement:

<response>
  <body>
    <Inquiry>
      <Emplid>
        <Emplid>123%20%20456</Emplid>
      </Emplid>
      <Languages>
        <Language>English(Speaking)</Language>
      </Languages>
    </Inquiry>
  </body>
</response>

with string replacement:

<response>
  <body>
    <Inquiry>
      <Emplid>
        <Emplid>123  456</Emplid>
      </Emplid>
      <Languages>
      </Languages>
    </Inquiry>
  </body>
</response>

This is all as expected, from my point of view.

There is something else in your environment causing the surprise (missing one space) that you are observing. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi

I understand what you wrote. And also, I would be very very surprised if Apigee is causing the unexpected observation you described. There is something else happening. 

I suggest that you break down your problem, simplify it, and re-check your observation.  Simplify the situation as much as possible. Don't use the large XML file, use a simple one, with just one element.  Don't use the final target, use a simple echo server.  When I do this, My observation is that the string replacement works as expected. 

without string replacement:

<response>
  <body>
    <Inquiry>
      <Emplid>
        <Emplid>123%20%20456</Emplid>
      </Emplid>
      <Languages>
      </Languages>
    </Inquiry>
  </body>
</response>

with string replacement:

<response>
  <body>
    <Inquiry>
      <Emplid>
        <Emplid>123  456</Emplid>
      </Emplid>
      <Languages>
      </Languages>
    </Inquiry>
  </body>
</response>

This is all as expected, from my point of view.

There is something else in your environment causing the surprise (missing one space) that you are observing.