Support for newer Node.JS versions, when is it coming?

Not applicable

6 months ago in the community forum it was posted that an early access is available where Apigee will start supporting Node.JS natively. The current version is a serious joke. Apigee should even stop saying to clients that it supports Node.Js since its utterly useless with most of all newer libraries failing to work or taking hours and hours of debugging, troubleshooting and hacking to make them work.

The version supported by Apigee was released in 2014. Apigee has been in deep slumber for 4 long years and looks like currently its just a marketing exercise to say we support Node.js with no real practical use.

2 5 315
5 REPLIES 5

My apologies. You are absolutely correct that Apigee have not delivered an updated nodejs runtime, and it's true that people have been asking for it. I know it's a huge hassle to try to get modern JS libraries (anything that depends on ES6, really) to work within the NodeJS Trireme.

It's not an excuse, but we have been a bit busy, with the acquisition by Google, and the associated engineering requirements placed upon us as a result of that acquisition.

We are now ready to offer, in early access, support for current nodejs runtimes (v6, v7, v8...).

It's coming VERY SOON.

@Mukundha Madhavan @Jeremy Whitlock - flagging this for your attention.

@Dino,

I am looking for a list with NPM versions which are supported in Apigee. We build node codes in local and deploy using apigeetool. Many times we faced issue while deploying because of NPM versions compatibility. Even though we develop code in Node 0.10.32 version in local and after running it fine we get issue while deploying. If there is a list supported NPM versions then it will be helpful.

Thanks

Joydeep

Hi Dino,

Any further update on this. Its been two months there have been no updates.

Thanks for following this up.

Srini

The version of Node.js in Edge WILL NOT be updated. But as of May 1st, we released the Hosted Targets Beta and that does provide you with native Node.js runtimes of any Node.js version available via Docker.