Storing an external OAuth2 token fails in APIGEE EDGE(even after setting "Store token=true" in OAuth2 Policy)

Not applicable

I am using an external OAuth2 provider to fetch the token and then store it in APIGEE Edge by doing a <StoreToken>true</StoreToken> in OAuthV2 policy. I later use this stored token for Auth; however, the externally obtained token is not getting stored successfully. I tried to GET the list of Access tokens for a specific app using APIGEE Mgmt API to delete the access tokens (just in case the token storage/db is full whih is a wild guess) but I get this error "{ "code": "keymanagement.service.UnsupportedOperation", "message": "Unsupported Operation", "contexts": [] }". Any clue why the tokens are not getting stored? Note: Previously the tokens were getting stored and the access tokens were getting validated in Edge successfully, in recent times the external access tokens have started failing to get stored in APIGEE.

Also, if I want to delete some of the old access tokens, how can I do that ?

0 2 322
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @shirish.kulkarni,

Is oauth_external_authorization_status being set to true before the OAuthV2 policy executes, as explained in the doc?

I'd double-check your configuration against what's in the doc and also check this example.

I think the delete token api is the way to delete tokens. If you try to delete a token isn't there, you will see this error:

AccessTokenDoesNotExist

If it worked before, can you think of anything that's changed since then?

Will

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Hi @shirish.kulkarni are the errors you mentioned happening even when you are minting tokens completely inside Apigee (i.e not using external authorization status & storetoken element)?