Storing Products and Developer Apps as code in a repo?

Not applicable

We're interested in storing Products, Apps and similar configuration as code in git repos so that:

• we can have more control and visibility
  • enable automation via Jenkins
  • enable us peer review of configuration changes (via pull requests).
  • helps with tracking changes
  • helps us to identify whether products/apps are following the same conventions

Currently we're using the GUI to make these changes, but it's error-prone as each person may configure things slightly differently. Plus, it's a manual step.

There are APIs to create/read/update products/apps which seem like they could be utilized to implement this.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how this could be accomplished? Specifically, I'm thinking of storing products/app configuration in a git repo and defining Jenkins jobs which examine this and call the appropriate APIs to create/update/delete apps. I'm interested in any information that would enable us to do this without much work. Are there any tools already created to enable this, or should create our own tooling using the APIs directly?

Solved Solved
0 2 91
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Eric Dahl

You can use the Maven Config plugin

With this you can have all the configurations in your version control system and trigger them using Jenkins. Reach out to us in case you have any questions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Eric Dahl

You can use the Maven Config plugin

With this you can have all the configurations in your version control system and trigger them using Jenkins. Reach out to us in case you have any questions.

Thanks. I had not seen this before. It sounds like we're looking for.