Screen scraping

Not applicable

I'm looking to build a proxy for one of our legacy products. I can largely drive most of our site with postman, but in one particular instance, I need to request a page that has a struts token, then submit that token with a subsequent page.

I've been able get configure apigee to hit the target page (html) to see the token in postman:

<snip>

<body id="page">
                                            <div id="wrapper">
                                                <div id="wrapperInner">
                                                    <div id="container">
                                                        <div id="content">
                                                            <input type="hidden" name="struts.token.name" value="6TDBCYPWXOXPC4TL06UQAO4YM7CYPMO7" />
                                                            <input type="hidden" name="6TDBCYPWXOXPC4TL06UQAO4YM7CYPMO7" value="EFTUN7KPDQA0846BTGZQ85GZZGX5Z8WC" />
                                                            <script>
    var struts2TokenName = "6TDBCYPWXOXPC4TL06UQAO4YM7CYPMO7";
    var struts2Token = "EFTUN7KPDQA0846BTGZQ85GZZGX5Z8WC";

<snip>

Now my strategy is to extract the token with a javascript policy. This is my js code:

var strutsTokenNameRegex = /struts2TokenName\s=\s"(.*)"/; var strutsTokenName = strutsTokenNameRegex.exec(context.targetResponse.content); context.setVariable("strutsToken",strutsTokenName)

I know my code is running because if I set strutsTokenName to "blah" then the value is set on apigee.

I'm pretty sure that the variable "context.targetResponse.content" holds the response payload. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Solved Solved
1 1 158
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

After a bit of trial and error, and lots of googling, it looks like I use the wrong variable name for the response. Here is the updated code:

var strutsTokenNameRegex = /struts2TokenName\s=\s"(.*)"/;
var strutsTokenName = strutsTokenNameRegex.exec(response.content);
context.setVariable("strutsToken",strutsTokenName[1])

Two things:

1. I was using context.targetResponse.content vs response.content based on this.
  2. I need to return the grouping or match from the variable array, in this case the first match or element 1.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Not applicable

After a bit of trial and error, and lots of googling, it looks like I use the wrong variable name for the response. Here is the updated code:

var strutsTokenNameRegex = /struts2TokenName\s=\s"(.*)"/;
var strutsTokenName = strutsTokenNameRegex.exec(response.content);
context.setVariable("strutsToken",strutsTokenName[1])

Two things:

1. I was using context.targetResponse.content vs response.content based on this.
  2. I need to return the grouping or match from the variable array, in this case the first match or element 1.