Salesforce connectivity on Edge for Private Cloud

Dear all

I have just completd an all-in-one-node installation of Edge for Private Cloud (on premises installation). I have an enterprise support contract in place. In such a situation the salesforce extension is not available because Apigee Extensions are available in the Edge UI to Google Cloud Apigee customers with an Enterprise support plan.

The question is: which is the suitable solutionto be used on premises for Salesforce connectivity?. Can I install the salesforce extension on the server? Some one in the past (2014) used the volos connector is still a workable solution?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Solved Solved
0 1 136
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No, the volos connector is not a workable solution at this point.  The volos connector relies on the nodejs runtime in Apigee and that is no longer supported.  

I'd advise just directly connecting to Salesforce via the REST API with an OAuth token.  That's really all the connector does.  So you'd need to consult the Salesforce documentation, figure out the calls you need to make to get the resources you want, figure out the authentication and keys, and then just encode all of that as API Proxy configuration on the Apigee side. Probably relying on ServiceCallout to make the calls, the Apigee cache to temporarily store keys/tokens, and the Apigee KVM for storing credentials that allow you to get tokens from Salesforce. 

It's not as easy as point-and-click connector configuration, but it will work with OPDK. 

There may be some prior examples of Apigee configuration that does this kind of thing, here in the community.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

No, the volos connector is not a workable solution at this point.  The volos connector relies on the nodejs runtime in Apigee and that is no longer supported.  

I'd advise just directly connecting to Salesforce via the REST API with an OAuth token.  That's really all the connector does.  So you'd need to consult the Salesforce documentation, figure out the calls you need to make to get the resources you want, figure out the authentication and keys, and then just encode all of that as API Proxy configuration on the Apigee side. Probably relying on ServiceCallout to make the calls, the Apigee cache to temporarily store keys/tokens, and the Apigee KVM for storing credentials that allow you to get tokens from Salesforce. 

It's not as easy as point-and-click connector configuration, but it will work with OPDK. 

There may be some prior examples of Apigee configuration that does this kind of thing, here in the community.