Sails.js and Node Machines on Apigee Edge #iloveapis

Not applicable

Hi all,

It was great to meet you at I Love APIs. During the conference, Mike McNeal presented UI First API Design and Development and introduced two trending frameworks to build APIs, Sails.js and Node Machines. I'd love to try them and share my experience with other folks in the community. So, before I get too deep into it, I decided to open this thread for discussion.

My next action items are:

• Try Sails.js on my laptop
  • Push my Sails.js app to Apigee Edge. Since it's a Node.js, I'd love to see it there.
  • Try Node Machines
  • Push Node Machines to Edge as well

If anyone is in the mood to contribute with code, experiences, thoughts, or comments, feel free to post here. Stay tuned and wish me luck!

Cheers,

Diego

4 4 266
4 REPLIES 4

All the best @Diego Zuluaga , Keep us posted...

Thanks @Anil Sagar!

Not applicable

Sounds good, Diego. Might I suggest using Swagger-Node? It will create a Sails app for you that's integrated with the Swagger-Node runtime - and with the underlying Bagpipes system you would also have the ability to integrate with Node Machines as well (https://github.com/apigee-127/bagpipes#node-machine-fittings. Whether or not that makes sense for you depends on what you're doing, of course, so please keep us in the loop with what your intentions are!

Scott

Thanks @Scott Ganyo for the suggestion and the references. I'll definitely consider Swagger-Node. My goal is to learn in baby steps how to define projects with Sails.js, and then see how it can play with Swagger-Node. ATM, I'm still trying to understand how everything fits together. Will keep you posted. Cheers!