Retry for proxy error in ApigeeX

Is it possible to retry when there is proxy error and not Target error in ApigeeX.

1 5 220
5 REPLIES 5

Can you be more specific about what you are thinking regarding "retry"? 

In the normal model, a client sends a request to an endpoint. That endpoint is managed by Apigee.  Apigee might do some validation of the request, and if the request looks good, then Apigee (via the API proxy concept) can send a new request to an upstream system. The upstream system does something, then returns (presumably) a success status and a payload. The proxy can manipulate/mediate that response.  If an error occurs at any point in the chain, then the API Proxy sends back a non-200 return status to the client.  

At what point are you thinking you would like a "retry" to happen, and what would that look like? 

Apigee sends a new request to an upstream system. The upstream system does something, then returns either a success status or failure status with payload. If the response received from upstream system is non 200 then, I want the apigee to retry the same request again. Attaching the configuration that I used. 

IMG_20230707_141504.jpg

even though I gave retry enabled as true still it is not re- trying. Please let me know if I am missing something in the target configuration. 

Haven't tried but read  the doc once & do let me know if it works with option mentioned.

If retry is enabled, a request will be retried whenever a response failure (I/O error or HTTP timeout) occurs or the response received matches a value set by <ServerUnhealthyResponse>. See Maximum failures above for more on setting <ServerUnhealthyResponse>.

I tried by giving ServerUnhealthyResponse with response codes as 500,502 but still it is not retrying. Any other way to make retry work

I think you need an additional server.  More than one.  The retry will try "The next health server".  If you have just one server, I think it won't retry. 

Having said that, if you are looking for a system that manages requests even in the face of failures, maybe you want to look at App Integration