Retrieve encrypted key-value-maps using Apigee Edge APIs

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to retrieve the values inside an encrypted KVM but it returns the value as "****". Would like to ask if its possible to retrieve the encrypted values when using Edge APIs.

To give context, I'm planning to backup all the configuration in my environment in a GitLab repository.

Regards,

Ryan

Solved Solved
0 4 417
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No you cannot retrieve encrypted data via Edge (management) APIs. 

There is a workaround: build an API proxy that reads the encrypted KVM via the KeyValueMapOperations policy, and then emits that data as a response. You should protect that API proxy with appropriate credentials to insure only you or an authorized person, may invoke it. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

No you cannot retrieve encrypted data via Edge (management) APIs. 

There is a workaround: build an API proxy that reads the encrypted KVM via the KeyValueMapOperations policy, and then emits that data as a response. You should protect that API proxy with appropriate credentials to insure only you or an authorized person, may invoke it. 

Noted on this. Thank you!

Follow-up question, is it possible to retrieve all of the key-value-pairs in a single key-value map using a single KVM policy?

No it is not possible. the KVM policy requires you to know the key, in order to look up a value. 

You can get the KVM keys administratively, though.