Rest and Soap integration

Good morning, i would like to know if its possible to call a SOAP service from a REST service. I've been asked if i can expose the same soap endpoints but in REST and i think that it would be too long to develop the same app but in rest. There is any way to make lets say a "Rest facade" over the soap service??

Solved Solved
0 1 119
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, it's possible, and also pretty common, to use an Apigee API Proxy as a RESTful facade on a SOAP service. 

If you search around you'll find some helpful hints. I recorded a video maybe 7 years ago (!?) showing this.  The UI has changed significantly since I recorded this thing, but all the concepts still apply. A colleague of mine is working on an updated video & tutorial that shows how to do this using the current UI for Apigee X or hybrid. Should be out in the next couple weeks , or maybe a little longer. 

@PoornimaD FYI

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Yes, it's possible, and also pretty common, to use an Apigee API Proxy as a RESTful facade on a SOAP service. 

If you search around you'll find some helpful hints. I recorded a video maybe 7 years ago (!?) showing this.  The UI has changed significantly since I recorded this thing, but all the concepts still apply. A colleague of mine is working on an updated video & tutorial that shows how to do this using the current UI for Apigee X or hybrid. Should be out in the next couple weeks , or maybe a little longer. 

@PoornimaD FYI