Request Header with Content-Encoding:UTF-8 failed in between Message Router and Processor - Error Unsupported Content Type

@Dino-at-Google

We are experiencing issues on APIGEE when request header has Content-Encoding:UTF-8.

We can see the error message in JSON format saying that Unsupported content type.

But the request cannot be seen in trace, I guess its been blocked between message router and message processor.

Could someone please help us.

Let me know if you need any info.

Thanks

Adithya

0 3 1,456
3 REPLIES 3

Content-Enconding is used to specify the compressing algorithm such as zip , compress, deflate, etc.

What you are looking for is specified in theContent-Type after the format type e.g

Content-Type: application/json; charset=UTF-8

yes, and to be absolutely clear: "UTF-8" is not a valid value for Content-Encoding, just as the error message indicates.

@Dino-at-Google Do we have any work around in APIGEE to allow Content-Encoding:UTF-8 header in proxy request . I can see that’s not a valid but still our application sending it and existing G/W supporting (data power), As we are migrating to APIGEE we need to support that ,so looking for work around

Thanks,

Ravi