Refreshtoken not getting generated

I am using GenerateAccessToken operation in OAuthv2 policy and I am not getting the refresh token in the response. Kindly help if I am missing something,

{ "issued_at": "1472206456848", "application_name": "4fd477af-c45c-4d0a-97a6-064eb7e36296", "scope": "", "status": "approved", "api_product_list": "[OAuthTester]", "expires_in": "3599", "developer.email": "k.prathip@gmail.com", "token_type": "BearerToken", "client_id": "PJrIRf64eMjtQXPoU9WCwXpOEGnGjAqL", "access_token": "LpVzvYs7KNMS4jZ6QvbW6MDObK4d", "organization_name": "prathiptest", "refresh_token_expires_in": "0", "refresh_count": "0" }

0 1 206
1 REPLY 1

Not applicable

Hello @Prathip,

Can you please let me know, whats the grant_type value you are using ? Please note that, if you are using the grant_type as client credentials, the refresh token would not be returned. This has been specified here under section "GenerateAccessToken" as follows:

"These variables are set when the GenerateAccessToken policy operation executes successfully for the authorization code, password, and client credentials grant type flows. Note that refresh token variables do not apply to and are not set by the client credentials grant type flow."

Hope this helps.!