Rateplans Configuration

HI Team,

I have a business requirement to set up a rateplan but I am thinking that it might not be possible .So I will what is the requirement and what I had set up .Please point me in right direction if there is a way forward.

On-boarding fee R10000 once off
Minimum Monthly fee R3000

>5 million = 28.8 Cents per message sent
Session based R1.62
<5 Million = 32 Cents per message sent
Session based R1.80

These are the screen shots of the rateplan setup.

RCS-Fee-1.PNGrcs-ratecard-1.PNG

Please do not mind the different number in the screen short the values have been adjusted.

If I use this setup for example to make 10,000 calls then the total revenue report total value will be 3000+3200=6200

3200= 10,000*0.32 (as calls are less than 5million) but my business requirement is they will already pay a recurring charge of 3000 so we are supposed to charge only the extra (above 300) meaning my business report bill will say 3200 .

And the same goes if calls are more than 5millon

I hope I am explaining my self better with this example. So can anyone tell me if i could achieve this  available rate plans or am I missing something.

0 2 197
2 REPLIES 2

Based on your requirement, it seems to me that you want to give some free transactions as part of monthly recurring fee and charge anything above that with brackets. 

Setup fee is : 10,000 --> This will be charge one time per rate plan.

Monthly recurring fee: 3,000. This will be charged every month.

Then rest is based on consumption. If you would like to give free transactions as part of monthly recurrence, then I would create "Rate card" as follows.

1. Charging model : Volume bundle

Volume bands :

1. 0 to X transactions is $0.00/transaction

2. X+1 to 5Million is $0.32

5 Million and above is $0.28

Basically, system will not be charged zero dollars for up to "X" transactions. And your billing report will show for remaining transactions.

archanachowdary_0-1644817413913.png

@jbodicherla  Apologies for the delayed response. But yes i did try something similar to that as you can see the screen shot I have charged 0 dollars for 0 to 9375 transactions but the thing is this bandwidth changes if transaction are <5 million it is 0 to 9375 and if transaction are >5 million then the bandwidth 0-10431 (as transaction above > 5 million then each transaction cost is .29).

So how could do that in this way?