Pull information from apigee

Hi Guys,

I work for an API security firm, and lately we confronted with a customer that uses Apigee as his API management and gateway. We are trying to integrate with his environment to get some information about his APIs, such as:

1. The discovery findings
2. Directions of the APIs - internal / exteranal
3. Usage trends
4. other kind of metrics and data

Does this available via Apigee to integrate and pull this kind of information, is there any documentation for this kind of purpose? 

Thanks!

0 4 170
4 REPLIES 4

Yes. 

The following pertains to Apigee X. All of the Apigee APIs are documented.

The discovery. You would need to query environment groups. In Apigee X that is the entity that stores the hostname, at which the API will be available. Then you need to determine which environments are grouped within that Environment group.  So group1 might have environment A, B, & C.  Then any API proxy deployed to A, B or C will be available at the hostname for group1. 

Directions of APIs - not sure what this means.  I suppose you could infer the "direction" based on the hostname in the environment group, but not sure ! 

Usage trends - all available via the /stats API (See the documentation and query this community for examples)

Other data - ?? Probably there is stuff in the Apigee API that will help you. 

Thanks !
The meaning of direction is whether an API is exposed to the client side / external vendors or the API is only used for internal staff.

ok.  Apigee isn't ware of network connectivity for various virtual hosts or environment groups.  That is sort of external to Apigee. You might have a convention that "environment1" is for internal APIs and "environment2" is for external.  But Apigee would be none the wiser.

Re other kinds of metrics/data, I would suggest reviewing the available analytics dimensions and metrics (Apigee Edge , Apigee X). These can be fetched via custom reports in the UI or via the /stats API mentioned by Dino.

RE Internal/external, if this is Apigee Edge, I'm assuming the host (in Apigee Edge- virtual host) will indicate this for you. You can get the name of the virtual host from Analytics or from the API proxy definition. The virtual hosts are then defined separately via UI or API