Pom & shared-pom.xml file issue

@ssvaidyanathan 

If i want to create two pom.xml(shared-pom, pom.xml) files for my proxy api, what are the changes do we need do. I tried multple shared-pom.xml from apigee maven plugin git repo. but all xml files are getting multiple issues.

Basically i am trying to download my actual api (which is created with basic functionality)  from apigee hybrid and add shared-pom and pom.xml files.

Advanced thanks for your help

Solved Solved
0 3 284
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Laxmman - goes back to how you manage your repositories and your CI/CD practice. You can. have individual repos and pipeline to deploy your API proxies and then the API Product can be something that can be configured separately (using another pipeline or through the UI). There are many ways to do it. But it again goes back to your repo structure and SDLC process.

But theoretically you can one pom.xml for it as API Products are org scoped.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@Laxmman - you dont need to have multiple pom files. Thats usually done when you have multi projects repo structure (typically Java based). In your case, you can just have the pom.xml with everything just like this repo. You just need to make sure 

<artifactId>currency</artifactId>
<version>v1</version>
<name>currency-${deployment.suffix}v1</name>

the above fields are updated pointing to your proxy name, etc. Besides that the profiles within the pom should all be the same for every proxy. 

Hi @ssvaidyanathan ,

Thanks for response, My requirement is  to create multiple api's under one product, In this case also single pom.xml file will work? 

@Laxmman - goes back to how you manage your repositories and your CI/CD practice. You can. have individual repos and pipeline to deploy your API proxies and then the API Product can be something that can be configured separately (using another pipeline or through the UI). There are many ways to do it. But it again goes back to your repo structure and SDLC process.

But theoretically you can one pom.xml for it as API Products are org scoped.