Performance considerations

Hi,

I am new to microgateway. I have few questions related to the actual flow of calls when using microgateway:

1. is there available an explanation of all the meaning and use of credentails and public keys that i see in the org-env--cache-config.yaml file?

2. am I correct that anytime microgateway receives an API call it calls Edge to validate the access token? If not, then probably it means that credentials are cached locally but until when?

3. in which circumstances does microgateway invokes the edgemicro-auth api? Is it just a proxy to an actual api invocation to Edge (also lowering performance) ?

thanks lot

0 2 270
2 REPLIES 2

See: https://docs.apigee.com/api-platform/microgateway/2.5.x/overview-edge-microgateway#whatyouneedtoknow...

Tokens are JWTs by default, so microgateway can validate them in-line with no edge calls.

Unless you have legacy tokens, edgemicro-auth is strictly for bootstrap and quota (optional) sync

thanks. If JWT can be validated by microgateway, how can it know that at some point it might become invalidated (e.g. an user wants to remove access for a developer). Does microgateway gets notified by Edge?