POC on Apigee--Inbound and Outbound call configuration for SOAP and REST services

Not applicable

@Anil Sagar @ Google

Trying to do a POC on Apigee.

1) Does it support inbound and outbound security.

2) Can we integrate Extranet LDAP with Apigee for authenticating and authorizing the inbound call.

3)Where can i find the configuration details for outbound calls (in case my backend service needs the call to be validated .. how to pass the credential)

4) How to download a trial version to do this POC . Is there any point of contact to take the discussion further ?

we are planning to migrate from an internal product to Apigee and consumers are not in a position do to any changes in backend code.

Solved Solved
0 4 468
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Sure, but ... since you haven't given details on what kind of security you're talking about, this answer isn't going to be very specific either.

2) Can we integrate Extranet LDAP with Apigee for authenticating and authorizing the inbound call?

Yes. Check here on community; I answered a question about this yesterday. Maybe the day before.

3)Where can i find the configuration details for outbound calls (in case my backend service needs the call to be validated .. how to pass the credential)

Check out the documentation on AssignMessage. It allows you to append query params, headers, and so on.

4) How to download a trial version to do this POC .

You don't. Contact us: https://pages.apigee.com/contact-us-register.html

View solution in original post

@Priyanka MS ,

Welcome to Apigee Community !

Glad to know that you are evaluating Apigee Edge Platform.

Yes, It does. It's a broad topic. For Example, Transport 1 - SSL , 2 - SSL. App Level OAuth2.0 , JWT , Payload level threat protection etc.

2) Can we integrate Extranet LDAP with Apigee for authenticating and authorizing the inbound call.

Yes, It does. Which LDAP are you using ?

It's available only for paid customers / customers who are evaluating. Reach out to me using Refer button on right side bar with below details.

1. Who is the customer ?

2. Business Use Case / Why they plan to use API Management ?

3. More context on this opportunity.

4) How to download a trial version to do this POC . Is there any point of contact to take the discussion further ?

You can create a free account on Apigee Edge. We do provision enterprise eval account for PoC. But, We need more context. Contact us: https://pages.apigee.com/contact-us-register.html & Drop me a message using Refer button on right side bar.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Sure, but ... since you haven't given details on what kind of security you're talking about, this answer isn't going to be very specific either.

2) Can we integrate Extranet LDAP with Apigee for authenticating and authorizing the inbound call?

Yes. Check here on community; I answered a question about this yesterday. Maybe the day before.

Check out the documentation on AssignMessage. It allows you to append query params, headers, and so on.

4) How to download a trial version to do this POC .

You don't. Contact us: https://pages.apigee.com/contact-us-register.html

All authentication is basic only. In current setup we are authenticating and authorizing the call based on the user credential passed in the Header against a Active Directory with LDAP . configured .

@Priyanka MS ,

Welcome to Apigee Community !

Glad to know that you are evaluating Apigee Edge Platform.

Yes, It does. It's a broad topic. For Example, Transport 1 - SSL , 2 - SSL. App Level OAuth2.0 , JWT , Payload level threat protection etc.

Yes, It does. Which LDAP are you using ?

It's available only for paid customers / customers who are evaluating. Reach out to me using Refer button on right side bar with below details.

1. Who is the customer ?

2. Business Use Case / Why they plan to use API Management ?

3. More context on this opportunity.

You can create a free account on Apigee Edge. We do provision enterprise eval account for PoC. But, We need more context. Contact us: https://pages.apigee.com/contact-us-register.html & Drop me a message using Refer button on right side bar.

Dropped you message with refer button. Please get back as soon as possible.