One API Portal for Azure API + ApigeeSaaS with Apigee Microgateway

For use case actively using Azure API and Apigee SaaS API Gateway with Apigee Microservices.

1. Does Azure API portal can host all  APIs coming out of above listed API Gateways ?

2. If point 1 is not possible ? which should be common API Portal ?

3. If One API portal is not possible ? Understand that Azure API gateway have its own Portal and Apigee SaaS will have either inbuild portal (which can host Apigee Gateway API + Apigee Microgateway ?)  . What could be Pros and Cons ? in such approach

4. Not sure, if Drupal portal (either 8/9 ) can host Azure API and Apigee SaaS API + Apigee Microgateway) ? 

Let us know, if any one already evaluated such API landscape ? towards Developer portal ? 

Solved Solved
0 4 239
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

1. Does Azure API portal can host all APIs coming out of above listed API Gateways ?

I don't think so. I am not an expert with the Azure API Portal, but as far as I know there is no special support for Apigee-managed APIs in that portal.

I suppose you would need to build a custom API developer portal. I don't know of an existing off-the-shelf product that can act as a federated API portal for an arbitrary set of API gateways.

3. If One API portal is not possible ? Understand that Azure API gateway have its own Portal and Apigee SaaS will have either inbuild portal (which can host Apigee Gateway API + Apigee Microgateway ?) . What could be Pros and Cons ? in such approach

Two portals? Pros: Simpler to administer. No customizations. Cons: Developers have to look in two places to fin their APIs.

4. Not sure, if Drupal portal (either 8/9 ) can host Azure API and Apigee SaaS API + Apigee Microgateway) ?

Drupal is very customizable. So, yes, you could modify it so that it connects with both Azure and Apigee. You'd need to know PHP pretty well. There are Google partners that have done this kind of work, as part of a professional-services engagement. Contact your Apigee sales team to get in touch with those partners.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

1. Does Azure API portal can host all APIs coming out of above listed API Gateways ?

I don't think so. I am not an expert with the Azure API Portal, but as far as I know there is no special support for Apigee-managed APIs in that portal.

I suppose you would need to build a custom API developer portal. I don't know of an existing off-the-shelf product that can act as a federated API portal for an arbitrary set of API gateways.

3. If One API portal is not possible ? Understand that Azure API gateway have its own Portal and Apigee SaaS will have either inbuild portal (which can host Apigee Gateway API + Apigee Microgateway ?) . What could be Pros and Cons ? in such approach

Two portals? Pros: Simpler to administer. No customizations. Cons: Developers have to look in two places to fin their APIs.

4. Not sure, if Drupal portal (either 8/9 ) can host Azure API and Apigee SaaS API + Apigee Microgateway) ?

Drupal is very customizable. So, yes, you could modify it so that it connects with both Azure and Apigee. You'd need to know PHP pretty well. There are Google partners that have done this kind of work, as part of a professional-services engagement. Contact your Apigee sales team to get in touch with those partners.

Does Apigee Inbuild portal (SaaS) can host Azure APIs ? 

No. I suppose you would need to build a custom API developer portal to meet that requirement. 

If you are referring  custom portal as (Drupal 8/9), understand that Apigee provides Kickstart with Drupal (or plugin). 

Our use case uses both Apigee (SaaS) and Azure APIM.

We are able to integrate Apigee with Drupal to host Apigee APIs to Drupal portal , but when it comes to Azure APIM (APIs) we are struck because did not see the list in Drupal about Azure aPIM (Plugin or Kicstart or equivalent).

https://www.drupal.org/project/project_module?f%5B0%5D=&f%5B1%5D=&f%5B2%5D=&f%5B3%5D=&f%5B4%5D=sm_fi...