New API fails at final "Generating proxy..." step

Not applicable

When creating a new API, the multi-step process freezes at the final summary step stating: "Generating proxy..." The proxy is never created.

From API Management, under the APIs » API Proxies, I press the "+ API Proxy" button to create a new proxy.

• Under "Build a Proxy" type, I select "Node.js App".
  • I enter a Proxy Name, Proxy Base Path, leave the source at a Hello World Sample, and enter a Description; then, press Next.
  • Under Security, I select "Pass through (none)", and "Add CORS headers"
  • Under Virtual Hosts, I select our default and secure virtual host groups.
  • On the "Build Tab", I select "test" enviroment.

Finally, when I press "Build and Deploy", the final Summary step locks on "Generating proxy..." with a gray checkmark. That checkmark never turns green, nor can does the page refresh, nor is the proxy created.

1933-apigee.png

After creating 26 proxies, this would be the 27th API proxy to be created; so, presumably this is an error within Apigee? Any other reports of this?

Solved Solved
1 4 171
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Jason.Sturges ,

Above issue has been fixed & I have verified same. Please let us know if you still see any issue with creating proxy in Apigee Edge.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@Jason.Sturges , Welcome to Apigee community 🙂

Thank you for highlighting same. I can able to reproduce this issue. Let me do some more research on this.

@Jason.Sturges , Seems like selecting "ADD CORS HEADER" is causing the issue. I can able to create a node app without "ADD CORS HEADER" option. Clearly looks like a bug. Let me talk to our engineering team and get back to you. Stay tuned...

@Jason.Sturges ,

Above issue has been fixed & I have verified same. Please let us know if you still see any issue with creating proxy in Apigee Edge.

Please let me know how is the issue resolved