Needed info about Caching

Not applicable

Hi, I knew that we have the following different types of caches in the apigee edge.

I believe, all the above types comes under level-1 cache for apigee. Correct me if I'm wrong. Is there anything we have like level-2 cache in apigee edge?

If yes, what are the ways to implement it. Do we have any documents or samples for the same?

How we can clear cache(level-1,2) on specific time? Please help me understanding this to implement it. Thanks!

0 5 417
5 REPLIES 5

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Hi @Swapna, you are right, these are level-1 caches. Apigee does provide support for level-2 cache via its KVMs (Key Value Map). KVMs leverage the underlying Cassandra datastore. This is where you can store/cache information for specific scenarios such as lookup codes, access tokens etc. KVMs can be scoped to different levels such as Org, Environment & Proxy. You can use the OOTB KVM Policy to access/update KVMs. There is a Management API that you an use to create/manage/delete these KVMs. Hope this helps.

"Apigee does provide support for level-2 cache via its KVMs (Key Value Map)"

@Prithpal Bhogill - I wouldn't mix KVM and cache concepts. Level-2 cache is not KVM - yes it may be stored in the same persistent storage. KVM is for persistent data in key/value form. Caches are for transient data that may be invalidated at any time. KVM data will not expire.

Not applicable
@Swapna

Enabling second.level.cache.enabled flag in cache.properties on MPs will cache your data in L2 which is enabled by default.

Check this http://community.apigee.com/questions/2584/cache-details-says-persistentfalse.html.

If you are on on-perm you can check that on your Mps and cache keyspace in cassandra else get in touch with support .

Not applicable

Thanks everyone for your answers.

I have attached the adding cache for my organization. Please go through it and let me know is this the process to clear the cache on specific time/interval or is there any other way? Thanks!

This looks right. Optionally you can also clear cache using Rest APIs like what you will find here . In this case you have to call it externally from a cron job or something similar. But right out of the gate what you have configured looks good.