Multiple scopes check with different condition; Can I check scope based on request attribute value?

Hi, Is there any way i can check multiple scope for the same endpoint based on different attribute value in the request?

I need to check the scope based on the request data. eg. if the request attribute "env":"QA" then i need to check "env.qa" scope but if its "env":"staging" then i need to check different scope. Can someone help me how to handle multiple scope check based on the different condition?

0 1 511
1 REPLY 1

Have you seen the condition reference? Within conditions you can express such logic.

You used the term "request attribute". I don't know what that is, exactly. Maybe you mean "query parameter." In that case the condition is something like this:

<Condition>request.queryparam.env = "QA"</Condition>

Wrap that condition around a policy that checks for particular scopes. Or, Combine that boolean with another than checks your scope. For example if scope is available in a context variable as a string like this:

qa dev

Then your logic statement to check for the presence of the "qa" value within scope would be something like this:

request.queryparam.env = "QA" AND NOT (scope ~~ "^.*\bqa\b.*$")

That says "if the env query param holds "QA" and the scope context variable does not contain "qa". If that last bit looks like cartoon swearing, it's because it's a "regular expression".

In that case I suppose you might want to raise a fault with a "insufficient scope" message. So, like this:

<Step>
  <Name>RaiseFault-InsufficientScope</Name>
  <Condition>request.queryparam.env = "QA" AND NOT (scope ~~ "^.*\bqa\b.*$")</Condition>
</Step>