Multiple deployments of same shared flow in same environment

There was a revision 1 deployed in it-dev env for shared flow named deploy-test-2. I uploaded bundle under the same name. It was there under revision 2, I deployed it to it-test. I uploaded another one with same name, it was there under revision 3 now. I tried to deploy it to it-test with deployment management api (deploy shared flow). Now ideally either revision 2 should get and revision 3 should get deploy or it should throw an error with conflict (depending on override query param in management api), but it is getting deployed in it-test for both the revisions. I tried one step more, attaching this shared flow to an it-test proxy, to see which revision is being executed. It was the revision 3 which was executed. Now I made some changes in revision 2 and saved it, and again triggered the same proxy, it executed revision 2 of the shared flow. May be this is a bug or am I doing something wrong? Because how will you know which one is being executed if multiple revisions are showing deployed in same env. You certainly cannot trace which one you edited and saved last. Here is the image of the same.

9525-screenshot-10.png

0 5 419
5 REPLIES 5

I understand the situation you're describing (Thanks for the screenshot), and It sounds like a bug to me. Can you contact Apigee support with this question?

Thanks Dino for reply, I already did that.

Were you able to implement a workaround using

https://apidocs.apigee.com/shared-flow-api/apis/delete/organizations/%7Borg_name%7D/environments/%7B...? Where you ensure that only one revision of the SharedFlow was deployed?

We are experiencing the same issue when using the apigeetool to deploy shared flows via our CI/CD environment.

I have opened a support ticket this morning as well to try to find the root cause. The issue is something that we first noticed in November.

We are planning on implementing logic within our CI/CD process that will validate that previous revisions have been undeployed after a successful deployment.

I also face same issue with apigeetool. So, we are using management api call for that.