Missing Developer Apps

I'm creating developers and developer apps via a script (which makes calls to Apigee Mgmt Api). All of the components are getting created properly. But quite often, certain apps are not showing up under the individual Developer's page. However, they do show up on the Developer Apps page and they have the proper developer mentioned there.

I even tried invoking the Mgmt api (eg: v1/o/myorg/developers/developer@email.com/apps). That just shows 1 app for the developer while if I navigate to the Developer Apps page (Edge Classic UI > Publish > Developer Apps) I can clearly see more than 1 app for the same developer.

What's the root cause of this issue?

My hypothesis:

1. When Apigee creates a developer app it stores this linking information under the "Developer" entity. (I'm imagining an "apps" "column" in a "Developer" table)
  2. My script is effectively firing the "create apps" requests for a developer in parallel. All of these requests are completing execution within pretty much the same second.
  3. I've noticed overal several runs that whichever is the last app to be provisioned, has the link maintained under the developer. The other apps get orphaned but are still created.
  4. Based on these observations, I'm assuming that there is a race condition in the "create app" operation when adding the link information for the app within the developer and there is an overwrite which is probably happening.

Irrespective of whether my hypothesis is correct or not, this defect is still valid and I would appreciate it if someone from Apigee can fix this. I have also created a support ticket in "parallel".

0 4 415
4 REPLIES 4

I don't know why you;d be seeing this, but creating a support ticket is the right idea.

It may be possible that you hjave non-unique developer emails.

The unique ID for a developer is called a "developer id".

If you have created a developer, then removed a developer, then created another developer with the same email, it's possible there is some inconsistency. Not sure if this is possible.

But ..

querying the app and getting the developerid,

and comparing that to the developerid for the email address of interest

may give you (or the support staff) some additional insight.

Thanks for the response Dino.

I do not believe it is a non-unique developer id issue mainly because if I do a GET {{MGMTSVR}}/v1/o/{{ORG}}/apps?expand=true I do see the same "developerId": "2A4DHScU0NxMymHG" for all of the desired apps.

Did you get any updates on this issues from a support ticket?

Not applicable

The settings used for debugging and app development are hidden in your phone - hidden in the truest sense of the word. Many of us go to the appropriate section of the menu to start USB debugging or switch to the working ART module, but there is a whole list of settings beyond that. Of course, you try to make the most of all the options with the developer's terms, but why don't you try something else if you get an error? Try to use this product https://amasty.com/advanced-product-options-for-magento-2.html. I think you will find it helpful; follow the link to see what it has to offer.