MessageLogging behavior on error

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me what happens when a MessageLogging policy fails on a disk failure scenario? I´m using the MessageLogging policy in Post client flow. 

0 3 147
3 REPLIES 3

Not sure, but my opinion it'll give you 500 HTTP 

Check below for reference. Follow standard error handling as any other policy failures (may be email to support if issue happens to occur just in the moment while writing to the disk -  if disk failure happens total apigee infra will be unhappy unless you have a different mount to write the logs vs infra in a separate mount point.

https://docs.apigee.com/api-platform/reference/policies/message-logging-policy#errorreference

Always if for some reason if message logging fails you should still continue the flow..So make use of continueOnError="true" to not stop the flow..

Thanks.

As you are using in postclient flow it should not impact.

But, I want to understand what type of disk failure. Message logging file system creates log files in Message processor. If the disk failure is there, then message processor failure is there or not? if message processor fails then impact will be there. if only message logging fails then that won't impact the traffic.