Message Logging Policy - Multiple Policies execution

Is it possible to use 2 message-logging policies in the post-client flow, one for logging into the file {in the message processors} and another for logging into a Syslog server 

The reason why I want to do this is that I am currently using Syslog for business transaction logs only but I would want to keep a copy of it as a file for further debugging because any issues are encountered when making API calls through Apigee.

Message format would be different for the file vs Syslogs (more fields, flows, variables)

Solved Solved
0 3 82
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @LuckyEK 

Add it in Post Client Flow & there won't be any performance issues with related to latency 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Yes you can configure multiple Message Logging Policy in a proxy(in any flow). I tried an use case for creating 2 policy to log it in 2 Files, which is working fine. So try it with Syslog & File hope it should work. 

Only limit in number on policies is for Statistics Collector I think, where it will execute only the last one which is configured in the flow.

Any idea on the performance impact of the api proxy

Hello @LuckyEK 

Add it in Post Client Flow & there won't be any performance issues with related to latency