Maven pom.xml file queries

Not applicable

Kindly clarify my below queries on pom.xml file,as I could not get from here.

1)While override.delay is used for delay when overriding the existing version in deployment,what is the purpose of apigee.delay?

<apigee.override.delay>10</apigee.override.delay>

<apigee.delay>1000</apigee.delay>

2)Document says validate is to validate the code against schema before importing the bundle.Against which schema is the code validated?I hope here code is referred to policies xmls.

<options>validate</options>

3)We already specify <options> in pom.xml.So,does the below one override <options> as it is taken from user input?

<apigee.options>${options}</apigee.options>

4)When <options> is given as validate and override,does it add a new revision and deploy it,while <options>update</options> is to update the existing revision?

5)When we give <options> as override or update,does it require to provide "deploy" in the below command?

mvn apigee-enterprise:deploy -e -P test -Dusername=<name> -Dpassword=<password>

6)What does this version tag signify?Hope this is not revision.And I dont have any version specified in basepath of proxy.

<apigee.apiversion>v1</apigee.apiversion>

7)I have below configuration in pom.xml file.

<options>validate,override</options>

And executed below command,

mvn apigee-enterprise:deploy -e -P test -Dusername=<name> -Dpassword=<password>

But I see two revisions deployed.Already Revision 2 was present.Why it was not overriden?

2150-1.png

0 1 186
1 REPLY 1

HI @RK4

1) I have updated the README file. The apigee.delay is used to introduce a delay between the options provided (specified in milliseconds).

2) validate ensures that the bundle is correct (in terms of syntax and other errors). This is mainly is a precautionary option (recommended as well) to ensure that the bundle being deployed is validated. You do not explicitly need to pass validate as an option when you are using update as mentioned in the README doc

3) For <apigee.options>${options}</apigee.options>, the value comes from the user args while executing the maven command. Not sure what you meant by passing in pom.xml ?

4) That is correct

5) mvn apigee-enterprise:deploy is the equivalent for mvn install. You need to pass the required options as -Doptions. Its just the mvn install equivalent we have configured in the pom

6) You can ignore that for now as its the Apigee internal version of the Mgmt APIs being called. Its there when we have new APIs built that can be leveraged. In the future when they can be leveraged, we will update the README doc so you can update your shared-pom to use. For now, leave it as v1

7) Its recommended to pass the options as argument in the mvn command