Maven plugin - deploy bundle only

Is there an option to supply a zip proxy bundle to apigee deploy maven plugin?

I am able to deploy the api proxy with the command

mvn apigee-enterprise:deploy -P -Dusername -Ppassword -Dhosturl

However, each time the command is run, it tries to create the bundle and then deploy. I would like to supply a build artifact(proxy bundle) generated once and only do the deployment. Is there an option to do that with apigee deploy maven plugin?

@ssvaidyanathan any pointers on this?

[INFO] Building DDMSFile 1.0
[INFO] --------------------------------[ pom ]---------------------------------
[INFO]
[INFO] >>> apigee-edge-maven-plugin:1.0.2:deploy (default-cli) > package @ DDMSFile >>>
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-resources-plugin:2.6:copy-resources (default) @ DDMSFile ---
[INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
[INFO] Copying 19 resources
[INFO]
[INFO] --- apigee-edge-maven-plugin:1.0.2:configure (configure-bundle) @ DDMSFile ---
[WARNING] The POM for org.eclipse.jgit:org.eclipse.jgit:jar:3.3.2.201404171909-r is invalid, transitive dependencies (if any) will not be available, enable debug logging for more details
[WARNING] The POM for org.apache.axis2:axis2-kernel:jar:1.3 is invalid, transitive dependencies (if any) will not be available, enable debug logging for more details
[WARNING] The POM for org.apache.axis2:axis2-metadata:jar:1.3 is invalid, transitive dependencies (if any) will not be available, enable debug logging for more details
[INFO] No config.json found. Skipping package configuration.
[INFO]

=============Checking for node.js app================

[INFO]

=============Now zipping the App Bundle================

[INFO]
[INFO] <<< apigee-edge-maven-plugin:1.0.2:deploy (default-cli) < package @ DDMSFile <<<
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] --- apigee-edge-maven-plugin:1.0.2:deploy (default-cli) @ DDMSFile ---
[INFO]

=============Initializing Maven Deployment================

[INFO]

=============Importing App================

[INFO]

Request prepared for the server....................

0 3 323
3 REPLIES 3

@nagashree_b 

Since you are calling the package phase, its doing all that. It will copy the resources to the target, create a zip and then push that. If you just want to import a bundle (from an Artifactory, for example). The option is, update your pipeline to create a "target" directory and download the zip there. Make sure the name of the zip matches the name you have in the pom file. The plugin deploys the code from "target" folder, hence you need to keep it there. Once you do the above. You just need to call "mvn apigee-enterprise:deploy -P{profile} -D...."

It should not create anything. It will just deploy. 

Thanks @ssvaidyanathan 

I tried creating a target directory and downloading the zip file with the same name as in POM. it was still creating a new bundle. It was partially due to the plugin definition and the file name. It expects the zip bundle name to be "Name-Version-Profile.zip" Once I renamed the zip and changed the plugin definition to only include the deploy goal, it worked.

@nagashree_b - What maven command are you running? I have a feeling your pipeline is calling mvn package somewhere that is doing that for you.