Maven Error -null: MojoE xecutionException

Not applicable

I am trying maven for a new proxy that I developed in UI.

I tried the sample given in here.Its working fine for me.

Then,I followed below structure to execute mvn install for my new proxy.

2078-1.png

I am facing two issues while executing mvn install.

1)When executing mvn install for the first time,it threw error as "stepdefinitions not found in target".

Eventhough I added policies in the src,it threw error for stepdefinitions.So,I just created an empty folder in target for stepdefinitions.It passed the check then.

[DEBUG] =============Searching for XML files in the following directory ======== ======== F:\ApigeeCI\MavenProxyNew\src\gateway\MavenProxyNew\target\apiproxy\stepdefinitions [DEBUG] =============Number of files found is================ 0

I dont think this is right method altering something in target folder for maven.Please advice correct approach for this.

2)My second issue is,after passing all the checks,its throwing below error.I switched to debug logging mode with -X,but still not much information about the error.Please let me know what I am missing.

[DEBUG] =============Searching for XML files in the following directory ========
========
F:\ApigeeCI\MavenProxyNew\src\g
ateway\MavenProxyNew\target\apiproxy
[DEBUG] =============Nuber of files found is================
[ERROR] null
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 1.562 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2016-02-28T22:09:03-07:00
[INFO] Final Memory: 6M/17M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal io.apigee.build-tools.enterprise4g:apigee-edge-ma
ven-plugin:1.0.2:configure (configure-bundle) on project MavenProxy: null: MojoE
xecutionException -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal i
o.apigee.build-tools.enterprise4g:apigee-edge-maven-plugin:1.0.2:configure (conf
igure-bundle) on project MavenProxy: null
Solved Solved
1 12 455
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Not applicable

Just ran into this. The issue is the the plugin barfing if the main xml file does not have a description tag.

View solution in original post

@RK4

Looks like thats the issue. I added a test description to MavenProxy.xml and it worked. We will look into this and get back to you once its fixed as this is supposed to be an optional field. For now, please add the description field.

Thanks @Brendan Dite

<Description>Test</Description>

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Hi @RK4

Would it be possible for you to attach the API proxy zip here so that I can take a look ?

Sure..I will do that

@Sai Saran Vaidyanathan,

I have attached both proxy and zipped folder with maven configuration files.

mavenproxy-rev1-2016-02-29.zip

mavenproxynew.zip

thanks.. will look into it and get back soon

Not applicable

Just ran into this. The issue is the the plugin barfing if the main xml file does not have a description tag.

@Sai Saran Vaidyanathan

@Brendan Dite

Its working fine 🙂 Thankyou

@RK4

Looks like thats the issue. I added a test description to MavenProxy.xml and it worked. We will look into this and get back to you once its fixed as this is supposed to be an optional field. For now, please add the description field.

Thanks @Brendan Dite

<Description>Test</Description>

Thankyou @Sai Saran Vaidyanathan 🙂

Hey @Sai Saran Vaidyanathan,

I noticed yesterday that the description I enter when following the create wizard on the development console is not being saved. This can cause further headaches when you know you added a description, but it isn't there when you download the bundle.

Thanks @Brendan Dite to bring it to our notice.. We will work on this and get back as soon as its fixed.

Hi @Brendan Dite / @RK4

The fix for description is now available on Cloud instance while creating a new proxy. Please give it a try and if it works, accept this answer as well 🙂

Hi @Brendan Dite / @RK4

The new version (1.0.3) of the apigee-edge-maven-plugin jar is available on Maven central now. This version should have the issue fixed. Should deploy even if the description field is empty. Let me know if you have any issues with the new version.

Appreciate the feedback..