Many question before I start with Apigee

Not applicable

Hello,

I have been researching for a little over a month different architectural options for my next two projects; mostly focusing on nodejs based api solutions. I have tried many and have had a problem with all of them; mostly in the areas of maturity, completeness, authentication, documentation, or support to name a few.

The last one I tried was Azure Mobile Services which doesn't support a simple, custom login without some convoluted hacking. And no local development options.

I just discovered Apigee and am a bit overwhelmed and the thing that keeps coming to my mind is that it is too good to be true. I thought Azure was amazing until I got deeper into it and discovered its limitations. I thought Loopback was the amazing answer until I started having to do little hacks to fix things.

I know there has to exist a solution that doesn't require me to patch together an authentication solution and hope I didn't miss anything.

Here is what I am looking for:

• Authentication. Complete with examples. Simple email and password login. Email verification, reset password, change password, remember me.
  • Working model relationship examples with many to many, one to many.
  • Backend logic/scripting/business rules.
  • Client starter template/boilerplate with register, login, forgot password, profile pages, and all user management code done. AngularJS would be great.
  • Development environment either local or an online.

My background is PHP but I'm trying to enter this new world of baas/mbaas and NodeJS and so far have been frustrated.

Is all this really free? When is it no longer free? I am a small fish and cannot afford enterprise level pricing. To me 100k visitors a month is amazing.

I'm tired of researching and testing and need to get to work. I'm tired of hacking immature solutions and just want tools from developers who know what their doing. I don't want to go back to PHP/MySQL.

People are depending on me to deliver these next two solutions and they need to be solid and dependable and, because of the time I've wasted, they need to be quick.

And, lastly, one more question:

Do you offer hosting of the website or just the API?

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Mark

0 0 69
0 REPLIES 0