MFA with Integrated Developer Portal Built-In Identity Provider?

Hi, is it on the roadmap to support MFA with the Integrated Developer Portal Built-In Identity Provider? Since the developer portal stores API keys for developer apps this is a must-have to ensure those keys are protected. Now that Google owns Apigee, I would expect some integration with Google Login and Google Authenticator.

0 3 295
3 REPLIES 3

@tonycoelho you can integrate any SAML identity provider with your Developer Portal, including Google's own Cloud Identity to support the integrations you mention.  Check out documentation here.

is it on the roadmap to support MFA with the Integrated Developer Portal Built-In Identity Provider?

Not with the existing built-in Identity Provider.

Now that Google owns Apigee, I would expect some integration with Google Login and Google Authenticator.

Yes, exactly. There is a plan and existing effort to integrate Google Identity as the provider. I suppose via OIDC. This would allow devportal owners to add MFA as you like. I don't have an estimate on the timeframe from the engineering team on what that might get delivered. I know it's an important effort.

Oh and as Matt says in his reply, even today you can specify your own SAML IdP.  Which might use MFA.  So there are options.  

@dchiesa1 following-up on the plan to integrate Google Identity as a developer portal identity provider... You mentioned last year that this was in progress. However, I am not able to find any documentation for integrating Google Identity in the integrated portal in the docs Configuring the identity provider  |  Apigee  |  Google Cloud. Could you please provide an update on this feature?