Limit of API endpoints in a API Proxy

As per the following page, related to "Limits"

https://cloud.google.com/apigee/docs/api-platform/reference/limits#environment-and-organization

API proxy endpoints = 5 for Apigee X

Does this mean that an API Proxy on Apigee X cannot have more than 5 endpoints?

1 4 541
4 REPLIES 4

Hi, @sanjaynegi 

Interesting. I'm not sure too, however, from your link above, it seems so.

Let's wait if someone could confirm this for sure. 

It is also interesting, what are the use cases to have more than 5 endpoints in each proxy?

We do have some legacy API following anti-pattern

an API Proxy on Apigee X cannot have more than 5 endpoints?

Yes, but be clear what we mean by "endpoints" here.  that refers specifically to the ProxyEndpoint entity within the proxy bundle. 

It does not mean that the proxy bundle cannot have more than 5 paths, or 5 combinations of verb+path. It does not mean that the proxy bundle can have no more than 5 Conditional flows. The ProxyEndpoint is a specific entity.  This is the thing that specifies a basepath, and a set of conditional flows, and a set of routerules. You can have no more than 5 of those ProxyEndpoint entities in a proxy bundle.

In the vast majority of cases I have seen,  people use exactly one ProxyEndpoint. 

We have a legacy API resource, following anti-pattern, say

the class level path is: /foo/foobar

it has the following endpoint (function level paths):

• GET /getAllRecords
  • GET /getAllRecordsWithDetails
  • GET /getRecordById/{id}
  • GET /getRecord/{id}/pesonal_information
  • POST /multi_create
  • POST /multi_read
  • POST /multi_delete
  • POST /multi_upsert

So this is the case, where we will have the above 8 Proxy Endpoint paths with API Proxy basepath as /foo/foobar

So is this supported in Apigee X (i.e. more than 5 Proxy Endpoints).

From you answer, I get that all these are part of one ProxyEndpoint and are thus supported. Is that right?

We cannot have more that 5 ProxyEndpoint entities though (we are using one one ProxyEndpoint entity)