LDAP policy with active directory

when we login 3 time , the login failed at third attempt
is there any way to use ldap policy in apigee  to call active directory?
and if there please i want to know requirements
@dchiesa1 
@anilsagar 

Solved Solved
1 3 326
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi

Apigee's customer-managed option (often called OPDK) supports an LDAP policy.

You just need to configure your AD instance to respond to LDAP. I am not an AD expert, but the people that manage your AD instance will know how to do this. Then configure the LDAP policy with those settings. In case you aren't very good at Googling, the documentation for the policy is here.

Most people are moving away from simple Active Directory, to something like Azure Active Directory. That is a different thing, which I do not believe supports LDAP. So if by "Active Directory" you are referring to AAD, then the answer is NO, you can't do that using the LDAP policy. You can call into AAD using REST API calls, though. AAD has a different interface, supports something different than LDAP. But maybe better? Whatever your view, you can use ServiceCallout to call into AAD via the Microsoft-documented REST API. I believe they call it the Graph API. I believe that's the same thing, but I'm not certain of that.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Amr
Bronze 4
Bronze 4

I need your support also, in this case, @dchiesa1 @cjking

Hi

Apigee's customer-managed option (often called OPDK) supports an LDAP policy.

You just need to configure your AD instance to respond to LDAP. I am not an AD expert, but the people that manage your AD instance will know how to do this. Then configure the LDAP policy with those settings. In case you aren't very good at Googling, the documentation for the policy is here.

Most people are moving away from simple Active Directory, to something like Azure Active Directory. That is a different thing, which I do not believe supports LDAP. So if by "Active Directory" you are referring to AAD, then the answer is NO, you can't do that using the LDAP policy. You can call into AAD using REST API calls, though. AAD has a different interface, supports something different than LDAP. But maybe better? Whatever your view, you can use ServiceCallout to call into AAD via the Microsoft-documented REST API. I believe they call it the Graph API. I believe that's the same thing, but I'm not certain of that.

Good luck!

i want to show a user, message for remaining attempts to login.
number of attempts is 3 and after that it fails to login.
if there are any ways to use ldap policy to connect the AD in LDAP server
and returning the number of remaining attempts to login .
i think i will use ldap  search to query and find counter for login failed attempts to return to apigee.
appreciate your response @dchiesa1