It was accepting while I am adding two or more elements at the end of the encoded string for validating the Verify-api-key policy

I am trying to validate my API proxy by using verify-API-Key policy for that I

used basic authentication and verify-api-key policy as usual, I created one

product and application for consumer key and secret after that, I converted

that Base64 value and successfully got the response also But I got "one new

issue I am just added some more elements to the end of the encoded

string then also it showing the response instead of error here the

Verify-api-key policy was fails" can any one from the team could you please specify the solution.

0 4 70
4 REPLIES 4

When you trace the requests, do you see the expected change from the encoded value before it reaches the verify api key policy? Without knowing more about the specifics of the proxy it's difficult to say what might be happening. For example, if there were a response cache policy in place prior to the verify api key policy you might see that behavior, depending on the configuration of the policy.

I tested the proxy from the out side of the apigee in SOAPUI there I added "Authorization header" and provided Base64 encoded value of ConsumerKey:Secret but I modified(added or deleted) two elements at the end of the encoded string instead of showing the error it showing the response here I thought that Verify-api key policy was failed.

Have you traced the proxy in Edge? That will let you see what's happening inside the proxy. It's difficult to debug from outside the system.

@Rajesh Nimmada,

Kindly remove the Authorization header, and then provide the junk appended base64 encoded value to the Authorization Header.

Sometimes, the requests are cached and not replaced with the modified requests.