Is there a way to get the export of role_permission table of a working Dev Portal ?

Not applicable

I installed a module called Subscriptions and Mail-Edit to enable email notifications in my Dev Portal (on-prem) installation but it seemed to conflict with the layout of the forum page and so I thought that its a permission issue as you need to set the permissions if you install the module manually i.e ftp the contents of the module to /sites/all/modules folder. When I clicked on the permission tab next to the module, it opened another page where it was mentioned to list permission and I left it blank and clicked on save configuration.

This caused the issue of getting Access Denied message on all pages and I was searching on different drupal forums about it, the most popular fix was to check node_access table but it had the right values but when I checked the role_permission table it just had two or three tuples related to mime mail which I had enabled. I have already deleted the modules but that didnt fix the problem.

I started adding tuples looking at the tuples in my local drupal site and that seems to have restored some of he access but I was wondering if could get the entire contents of the Apigee Dev portal role_permission table so I can import it.

The admin menu is not visible on my site so I cant make any changes from the Dev Portal.

0 5 125
5 REPLIES 5

Dear @Mayank Chauhan ,

You can try Permissions Export Import module.

Some things to note while working with Drupal CMS / Apigee Developer Portal..

• Never remove module code with out disabling & uninstalling module. It will leave stale data in db if you don't uninstall
  • Permissions for any contributed module need to be set manually no matter what you install using ftp or ui
  • Access Denied message that you saw might be due to different issue. You might have revoked some of the permissions of Developer Portal Admin role or you might have removed role from your user account.
  • Never directly deal with database manipulation in Drupal CMS. It might complete break your site and changes are irreversible.
  • Never migrate database tuples from one instance to other instance. You need to use proper drupal module to do migration like features. Again, this will break portal and changes are irreversible.
  • Admin Menu not visible might be due to permissions issue.
  • Customising drupal cms / Apigee Developer Portal at code level or features level may need some Drupal CMS expertise.

Cheers,

Anil Sagar

The problem is, I cant access the admin menu and so I cannot install any module. Also, my permission table is already empty so I dont think it would be useful. Is there any other way to populate the role_permission table ?

Dear @Mayank Chauhan , I see some bigger problem here since you are saying role_permission table is empty. I believe you have damaged the database of developer portal that you can't recover. Best bet is use a backup and rollback to previous version. If your portal doesn't have major changes, re-install the portal. Take a backup of current version and then rollback. Get a drupal expert to fix things.

Yeah, but it happened when I installed the Subscription and Mail-Edit module, in order to send email notifications, it conflicted with the look and layout of the Dev Portal, can you try installing it on a dev portal and see if you face the same probelms?

I just want to find out whether it was a probelm with the module or something else.

Thanks

Hi @Anil Sagar,

I removed the module as there was no other way to remove it. I was getting an access denied message on all pages and the Admin Menu wasnt visible.

I'm going to reinstall the Dev Portal but I still want to find out what caused the issue. So I was wondering if you could try installing the subscription and mail edit module on Apigee and check whether it conflicts with the Apigee configuration on the drupal site since I started facing issues right after I installed them.

Eg: If you go inside a forum to post a comment, it did not have the default layout of the Apigee Dev Portal and looks like the attached screenshot.

Thanks,

Mayank