Is there a way to get alert emails related to manual key approval requests and approvals?

Not applicable

For the manual key approval process as outlined in http://apigee.com/docs/developer-services/content/creating-apps-surface-your-api

When a client requests a key to a Product that has manual key approval, there is no email being sent to alert the App Producers that a key is awaiting approval.

Likewise, when a key is approved, no email is sent to the client alerting them that their developer key was approved.

Is there any documentation explicitly saying that this feature exists?

There has to be some way to configure this to happen. Is this possible Out of the box or through customization?

--SF905367--

4 10 611
10 REPLIES 10

Well sometimes we do make things a bit tough , don't we 😉

You can do it from Dev Portal.

In the Dev Portal , login as admin, go to Admin Menu -> Modules and search for Rules

1256-rules.png

By default this module is disabled. Enable the module called Rules UI , it will automatically enable it's dependent Rules module.

Once enabled go to Admin Menu- >Configuration -> Workflow -> Rules -> And add a new rule.

You will see something like this :

1257-dev-portal-rules.png

Create rules to send email triggers etc.

You can also find documentation about using Rules module here : http://apigee.com/docs/developer-services/content/create-and-configure-rules.

Thanks

I've tried this process out and creating an email to be sent for the event "Upon the creation of a developer app" works great.

I tried also setting up events to send emails for "Upon change of a developer app's overall status from pending to approved" and I see no email triggered. I tried running cron manually too.

Any of the "upon change..." events do not seem to get triggered. Any ideas?

Thanks.

I am not able to see the few of the rules condition as shown above. Can anyone guide me how to enable these conditions @sarthak

4480-1257-dev-portal-rules.png

@Gokul Raj Moorthi , It works on cron run. They are not immediate. You have to make sure Drupal cron is setup on your instance.

Hi @Anil Sagar,

How do we set the cron in my instance. Do we have any document for it.

What version of the portal are you using? Is it an OPDK release prior to 15.01.06.00? There was an issue fixed in that release where the email was not generated by the change of state. You can see more here:

http://apigee.com/docs/release-notes/content/15010...

Stephen

I'm behind that version. Still on 14.0.7. I'll upgrade now and retry.

Thanks.

Not applicable

Upgraded version of Dev Portal 15.07 and the rules now work. Thanks.

To enable the key status change rules events please go to /admin/config/devconnect and enable the checkbox under Experimental features.

6014-screen-shot-2017-11-28-at-103453-am.png

I am afraid to create a new post, since my question is still relevant to this post; I am facing similar issue as @Gokul Raj Moorthi mentioned;

I checked dev portal Drupal version - Drupal core7.59

Also checked Pantheon - Drupal Dev Portal 18.04.25.01

I only see the options below and not sure why don't see "devconnect" ones; can someone please help?

7030-no-dev-connect-options.png