Is there a way to get alert emails related to app creation and approvals in integrated dev portal?

I am trying to set up email notifications for when the dev app is created by the developer and it requires approval.  In the integrated dev portal, I can only see the option to send emails for developer account creation. It used to be possible with drupal portals but I cannot find any option now

0 3 93
3 REPLIES 3

This article may help you. Or maybe this screencast.

If that doesn't satisfy your query, then I suggest you search for other related articles and Q&A on this site.

Just few thoughts - may be little advanced/off topic if you read it a portal standpoint (for readers who are familiar with dynamic client registration it will be simple)

How are you on-boarding the apps?

Why not think little creative on building a proxy which does the on-boarding using apigee management api's (it's 1 time effort)- https://apidocs.apigee.com/apis  (your focus will be creating developer & app specific api's) & use simple java callout to alert.. In simple terms it is called dynamic client registration following this  https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc7591#section-3.1

1. Start with  api contract for on-boarding clients  ( what's the request will look like what all meta data you will require to be get added to the developer/app & what response you want once the app is created ,follow standard error framework which you may have for failures)

2.Develop a proxy based of contract & follow below process (have the proxy on high security profile- use mTLS + OAuth  as app's are generating using api's).

- Do a check to validate if developer is already on-boarded or not

- If developer doesn't exists just create developer

- If developer exists check if app is already on-boarded

- If app already exists just throw error (since it already exists & trying register again)

- if app doesn't exists then go ahead and create app

- once onboard gets completed you can simply use email alerting mechanism (using simple java call-out)..

I like this concept!  One time effort.