Is there a view to approve APIs from the developer portal?

Not applicable

I've been playing with Apigee, and I've been browsing through the docs. So far the only way I've found to approve an api key for a given developer app is to go to the Apigee gateway -> Publish -> Developer Apps and click on a specific app that requires approval. Is this the only way to approve an api key? The cloud version of Apigee doesn't allow SSO, but the developer portal does. I'm hoping to be able to let api approvers use the developer portal to approve the api keys.

A follow up question - is it possible to have different people / groups / roles have permissions to only approve specific products or proxies?

Solved Solved
0 2 266
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dear @José Cedeño ,

Unfortunately, It's not available out of the box in Developer Portal.

But, It's possible in Developer Portal.

• It's possible to implement same using Apigee Edge Management API & a small custom module in Developer Portal.
  • We have implemented same for many customers where Developer Portal Admins can approve apps.
  • Yes, It's possible to have different people / groups / roles have permissions to only approve specific products or proxies.
  • Apigee Developer Portal is built on top of famous Drupal CMS. You need Drupal Expertise to write the custom module which implements approval screens.
  • Simple approval screens will be 8 - 16 hours of effort with Drupal Expertise.

Cheers,

Anil Sagr

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Dear @José Cedeño ,

Unfortunately, It's not available out of the box in Developer Portal.

But, It's possible in Developer Portal.

• It's possible to implement same using Apigee Edge Management API & a small custom module in Developer Portal.
  • We have implemented same for many customers where Developer Portal Admins can approve apps.
  • Yes, It's possible to have different people / groups / roles have permissions to only approve specific products or proxies.
  • Apigee Developer Portal is built on top of famous Drupal CMS. You need Drupal Expertise to write the custom module which implements approval screens.
  • Simple approval screens will be 8 - 16 hours of effort with Drupal Expertise.

Cheers,

Anil Sagr

Ideally, I'd like to be able to have a different group / role approve the apps for different products or API proxies. Since the cloud version of Apigee Edge Management API doesn't allow for SSO, our only option is to use Drupal CMS. Are these modules that have been written in the past available for free for re-use? Are these modules maintained by Apigee or somebody else? We do have a bit of Drupal expertise in-house, and know that there's some maintenance and refactoring involved.